Pineapple-Lime Congealed SaladViews : 563
Submitted by : Antillean Eats
Submit Date : January 7, 2018, 12:18 am
Pineapple-Lime Congealed Salad, or molded salad is a salad made with flavored gelatin, fruit, and sometimes grated carrots or more rarely, other vegetables. Other ingredients may include cottage cheese, cream cheese, marshmallows, nuts, or pretzels. These salads were popular in the 1960s.
- 4 serving size packages lime flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
- 8 ounce container small curd cottae cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 pint sour cream
- Dissove the gelatin in the boiling water and let stand until cool.
- Mix in the pineapple,cottage cheese and nuts
- Fold in the sour cream and pour into a lightly oiled mold or 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours until set
- Serves 15