String Beans Stew/Sneibonchi Stobá
Delicious recipe of String Beans Stew containing salted beef, pigtail, and goat meat. Very popular on the island of Curacao and its neighboring islands.
- 1 lb of salted beef
- 1 lb of salted pigtail
- 1 lb of goat meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 minced garlic cloves,
- small meat stock cubes
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy asin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 sprigs of chopped celery
- 3 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 lb of French/Green beans
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the salted beef and tail overnight in plenty of water soak.
- Next morning, drain the water and cut the beef and the tails into small pieces.
- Rinse with water to remove more salt.
- Fill a pot with about 7 cups of water and a couple of meat stock cubes and bring it to boil.
- Add the salted beef and tail and goat meat in to the boiling water.
- Keep it on medium high heat until the meat is tender and cooked.
- Drain the water and put all the meats in a bowl aside.
- Heat the margarine and oil in a large pan and fry the onion, bell pepper, tomato and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the Stock cubes, pepper, cumin and nutmeg and stir everything together.
- Add meat and forth all stir well.
- Add the Diced potatoes, celery, soy sauce,asin, tomato paste and 2 cups of water.
- Once everything is stirred together, put the lid on the pan and let it simmer on low heat until the potatoes are tender.
- Rinse the beans and cut them in smaller pieces if necessary.
- Add the beans to the pot and stir it well.
- Add with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be served with rice or fried banana, or Funchi.