Butter Cake/Bolo di Manteka
Butter Cake is a moist and very delicious buttery cake.
- 1 lb of butter
- 1 lb of sugar
- 1 lb of all purpose flour
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of water
- food coloring
- Turn on the over to 350 degree
- Make sure butter is room temperature
- Put the butter into a mixer and and add the sugar and run the mixer
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract to the mixture and keep the mixer running
- After this has mixed thoroughly, slowly add the flour into the mixture
- Add the baking powder and the water and let them mix for a 2 minutes
- Slowly pour the mixture into a baking pan. As you are pouring, you can add drop of food coloring to give it some color
- Let it bake for about an hour. Check if the center is still moist by using a tooth pick or knife.
- When fully baked, you can take it out of the over and let it cool down.