Cabbage Stew / Kolo Stobá
Views : 301
Submitted by : Komedor Krioyo
Submit Date : November 23, 2016, 12:46 am
Cabbage Stew also known as Kolo Stobá in papiamentu, is a well know dish on the island of Curacao. This stew contains different kind of meets and vegetables. Including Salted Beef and pork tail which is included in mostly all stew dishes in the Antillean.
- 1 large cabbage (shredded)
- 1 lb Salted Beef
- 1 lb pork tail
- 1 lb of Goat meat
- 1 lb of Beef Stew Meat
- 3 large potatoe
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cooking spoon of butter
- 1 cooking spoon of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of grounded annatto.
- Put the salted beef and pork in a covered bowl of water overninght in the refrigerator. Submerge them completely in the water.
- Next day, rinse the all the beef, goat meat and pork thoroughly.
- Fill a pot with water and put in the garlic, nutmeg, onions,annatto, and the butter on medium to high heat.
- While the meat is cooking, shred the cabage and poor hot water over it when done shredding.
- When the meat is cooked and tender, low the heat to medium and add the shredded cabage
- If desired you can add sugar to neutralize the cabage sourness.
- Letting cook untill cabage is soft.
- Can serve with rise or funchi. (about 6 servings)