Liver Stew / Igra Stobá
This Version of Liver Stew Recipe, is very popular on the island of Curacao and its neighboring islands. Enjoy!
- 500 grams of beef liver
- 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 teaspoon Goya Complete Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 sprigs of chopped celery
- 2 small cubes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- About 1 1/2 cup water
- Wash the liver in a some water with lemon juice
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Remove the membrane from the liver and cut into slices.
- In a bowl, put the liver and season it with with nutmeg and 1 1/2 teaspoon of the Complete Seasoning and leave for 15 minutes.
- Heat the butter and fry the liver on both sides brown.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery, bouillon cubes and 1 1/2 teaspoon of Complete Seasoning.
- Mix well and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Then add water and ketchup and mix well.
- Bring to the boil and let the liver (with the lid on) on a medium heat simmer about 1 hour.
- Serve with rice and fried banana.